BCC Staff Note: We describe the BCC’s Grace & Truth blog as “Voices from the Biblical Counseling Community.” The modern biblical counseling movement spans a diverse spectrum of people and organizations committed to a view of people helping summarized by the Biblical Counseling Coalition’s Confessional Statement. It is with this diversity in mind that we have recently run a series of posts addressing the important issue of Biblical Counseling, the Church, and Mental Illness. Here are direct links to those recent posts.
- A Biblical Counseling Perspective on Mental Illness by Dr. Bob Kellemen
- The Church’s Mission and Psychiatric Disorders by Dr. Robert Cheong
- Mental Illness and Compassion by Dr. Charles Hodges.
- Lessons Learned from the Dark Valley of Depression by Dr. Paul Tautges.
- The Mind, Body, and Medications by Dr. Paul Tautges.
- The Role of Language in the Stigma of Mental Illness by Pastor Brad Hambrick.
- Biblical Counseling and Mental Illness with links to several posts on the issue.
- Mental Illness and the Church by Dr. Jeremy Pierre.
- 20 Recommended Resources Related to Suicide Prevention and Grieving a Suicide by Dr. Paul Tautges.
- Psychiatric Medication and the Image of God by Dr. Jeremy Pierre.
Join the Conversation
What additional resources do you recommend on biblical counseling, the church, and mental illness?