BCC Staff Note: At the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors blog site, Dr. Heath Lambert interviews Dr. Bob Somerville about his new book, “If I’m a Christian, Why Am I Depressed?” Dr. Lambert calls this new book “the best book on depression that I’ve read.”
In the video interview, Dr. Lambert and Dr. Somerville discuss the following questions:
- Why did you write this book on depression?
- What is depression?
- What are some wrong ways that Christians have understood depression?
- What is a unique perspective that Christians can add to depression that no one else can?
- You say in our book that you “saturated your numb mind with the truths of the gospel.” How did you do that?
- For the person struggling with depression, what are the things that you would tell them that they need to do right now?
To view this extremely helpful video interview, visit the ACBC’s blog site at: