The BCC Biblical Counseling Job Board
The Biblical Counseling Coalition hosts this biblical counseling job board to help church and para-church organizations and people seeking biblical counseling positions who fully subscribe to our Doctrinal Statement, Confessional Statement, and Mission Statement to connect with one another in filling biblical counseling ministry positions. We do not offer placement services. Nor can we fully vet the groups that participate or the positions they list, or the individuals who are seeking a position. We simply hope to serve the biblical counseling community by providing a forum for posting ministry positions in the field of biblical counseling.
Openings in Biblical Counseling
If you have biblical counseling openings in your ministry/organization and would like your opening posted here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with: a.) Position Title, b.) Organization Name, c.) Organization Location, d.) Job Description, e.) How to Apply for the Opening, f.) Link.
First Christian Reformed Church
Position Title: Director of Biblical Counseling
Location: Ripon, CA
How to Apply: For a full job description and to apply, please visit our website at www.riponfirstcrc.org
Added July 2015
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Position Title: Pastor of Counseling and Care, Downtown Campus
Location: 720 13th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Bethlehem Baptist Church is a multi-campus, urban-suburban church with an average weekly attendance of about 4,000. We are ...
- Calvinistic in our theology: We trust wholly in the sovereign grace of God in and over all things.
- Baptistic in our church polity: Under Christ and his Word the congregation is the final authority in church governance with a Council of Elders who oversee and teach the people. We practice and teach believer's baptism (by immersion).
- Charismatic in our affections: We are committed to pursue all the fullness of God with use of his spiritual gifts in the life of the church. All the pastoral staff and elders embrace The Bethlehem Baptist Church Elder Affirmation of Faith. Members are required to embrace the shorter Congregational Affirmation of Faith.
- The Mind and the Heart: We are convinced that 1) truth really matters, and 2) that right belief is essential for sustained, persevering right living and affections—and we want to keep these two in proper order. Right belief is not our ultimate goal. Rather, we aim for the heart.
- Our Aim is Your Happiness: Our desire is your happiness in God, for God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.
We are currently seeking a full time Pastor for Counseling and Care at our Downtown Campus. The aim of the position is to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ by mobilizing, modeling, partnering in, and championing a compelling, Christ-centered vision for soul care and the ministry of counseling at Bethlehem’s Downtown Campus, enabling the church staff and congregation to better carry out its mission and the “10 Dimensions of Church Life”, and to embrace the theological teaching of the Affirmation of Faith.
The applicant shall have a good grasp and hearty endorsement of the biblical and theological orientation of the leadership of Bethlehem as expressed in our Elder Affirmation of Faith. The Pastor for Counseling & Care, Downtown needs to meet the spiritual and character qualifications of elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22. He should be wise, discerning, decisive, sensitive, tender, and firm. He should be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Bethlehem. He should devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ and should lead his family in regular times in the Word and prayer.
He must be a proven biblical counselor himself, trained and knowledgeable in the practice of biblical counseling and current in best practices of biblical counseling.
How to Apply: If interested please complete our pastoral job application.
Added June 2015
The Father's Ranch Ministries
Position Title: Intern
Location: 1621A WA-20, Tonasket, WA 98855
Interns are women who help to provide care and guidance to troubled young adults and teens (called students) in The Father’s Ranch Ministries’ residential community setting. Interns often receive practical and academic training while ministering to the hurting. They serve, not by their own strength or character, but by the power of Jesus Christ working through them. Role modeling and sharing God's love and power through the work of the Holy Spirit are vital aspects in the healing process of the students at The Father’s Ranch.
Interns live in community with their students, building relationships while participating in daily activities such as class, worship, work and recreation. Internship is a 24-hour, residential position that allows for minimal time off (one evening per week and every other weekend.) If an Intern is interested in attending college online while they serve at TFR, time is allotted for their college studies. Interns make a voluntary commitment to serve for 3, 6, or 12 month periods. It is a time of testing and purifying, a time where God's faithfulness and comfort are experienced in a real and life-changing way. It is a time of growth and maturing. It is a time when God shows His overwhelming strength in weakness.
I. Role Modeling
"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well..." 1 Thessalonians 2:8.
Role modeling is a primary facet of the Intern's ministry. Students learn how to appropriate God's word into their lives through the living demonstration of the Interns. Students need to see the Intern not only in a spiritual setting, but also in the workplace, at play, and interacting with people in various situations.
Being an Intern does not mean being a Christian who never has problems. It means having struggles but desiring to grow and conform to the image of Christ. Through their commitment to the students, Interns can demonstrate that leading also involves serving.
"And we urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all men."
1 Thessalonians 5:14.
The Father’s Ranch is a highly structured program which demands a disciplined lifestyle from its students. Because Interns serve the students in a shepherding role, they must keep their flock accountable.
However, Internship is more than supervising the students and enforcing the rules; it is admonishing, reproving and training students in righteousness. To some extent, Interns do play the role of disciplinarian, but discipline should be viewed as a positive attempt to correct and teach rather than punish. Biblical instruction accompanies the discipline to help develop Christ-like character.
III. Discipling (optional)
While all Interns play a role in the discipleship of the students, some Interns are needed to disciple individual students with the purpose of helping them work through the issues (such as substance abuse, depression or eating disorders) that brought them to The Father’s Ranch for help.
Discipling Interns are responsible for meeting with students individually on a regular basis to help resolve problems through the practical application of Biblical principles. Students are often immature emotionally and behaviorally, as well as spiritually; another purpose for discipling is to stimulate growth and affect change in these areas as well.
Discipling Interns do not "go it alone." They have the daily support and guidance of a Full Time Staff member who advises Interns and helps them implement a plan to better help their students achieve growth and victory over struggles. The Father's Ranch Full Time Staff intervene in critical situations.
Basic Qualifications for an Intern:
"Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (2 Cor. 3:5; Phil. 4:13.)
Interns are not necessarily dynamic and gregarious individuals, and they are not necessarily Bible scholars or trained counselors. Interns do receive some intensive training at the start of their service commitment, and they continue to receive in-service training. However, the following characteristics are required in order to serve in an Intern capacity:
- A strong commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ as demonstrated through a victorious Christian walk.
- A solid foundation in Biblical truth and personal application of God's Word in your daily life.
- Regular attendance and fellowship in a New Testament church.
- A burden for ministering to troubled young adults and a willingness to serve them and the Lord in a self-less, full-time capacity.
- The ability to initiate and build relationships, and the ability to confront, encourage and admonish students in Christ-like love.
- Interns live with our women and teenage girls in our residential counseling program, so we are only seeking female candidates.
How to Apply:
Please submit a detailed letter of interest along with a current resume to the following address:
The Father's Ranch Ministries
P. O. Box 1352
Tonasket, WA 98855
Applications will be sent out to qualified applicants. Inquiries and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Added June 2015
Nashville Rescue Mission Ministries, LLC
Position Title: Counselor
Organization Location: Women’s Campus, 1716 Rosa Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203
Job Description: The program counselor is an advocate for an assigned caseload of participants who, through biblical ministry, encourages participants to live for Christ in obedience to His Word and helps them grow in their love for God and love for people (Matthew 22: 37-40). We are currently seeking a counselor for the Women’s Life Recovery Program.
- Provides oversight and care to assigned caseload of program participants:
- Assumes responsibility for and assist each assigned participant to complete all program requirements.
- Meets with assigned participants three times per week for one hour group counsel.
- Meets with each assigned participant individually for one on one counseling per program progression.
- Establishes/creates an Individualized Develop Plan (IDP) for each assigned participant.
- Develops, maintains and secures counseling documentation on each participant both in Client Track and offline files.
- Teaches in core curriculum, devotionals and program chapels.
- Participates in scheduled daytrip activity(s).
- Oversees development and participates in program community project at least once per year.
- Actively works with program team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in special events, activities, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by Program Director and/or Assistant Director.
- Regularly performs room inspections on assigned rooms.
- In the event of lower program numbers, participates in work therapy chores.
- Provides occasional oversight of another counselor’s caseload in the event of illness, personal leave, or vacation.
- Runs occasional outside errands as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
Special Skills/Education/Training Requirements:
- Preferred Masters in Theology, Social Services or Psychology; or a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in a Biblical recovery program setting.
- Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, students, volunteers and local community.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by the Mission’s insurance company to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Requires an above average amount of walking, standing and stair climbing.
- Daily includes reading, research, typing/computer usage, public speaking.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Regularly transport students in 15 passenger van.
- Mixed work environment between indoor and outdoor. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at times.
- 45+ hour work week.
- Because the Ministry is 24/7, this position requires some weekends, evenings and holidays.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
People Seeking Biblical Counseling Positions
If you are looking for a biblical counseling position and would like your contact information and position search listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with: a.) The Title of the Position You Are Seeking, b.) Your Name, c.) Your Contact Information, d.) A 50-to-75 Word Bio, e.) A Link to Additional Information.
Evan R Mulholland
Position Seeking: Associate Pastor of Biblical Counseling ministries to include pastoral care and training of church members. Other responsibilities to include the oversight of evangelistic outreach using the biblical counseling ministry, BC development of elders and small group leaders, and other organizational and administrative duties assigned by the senior pastor.
Added August 2015
Position Seeking: Full time Biblical Counseling or Pastoral Care Position.
5769 Tosca Rd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Bio: My name is Scott Pilgreen. I am married to a wonderful woman and have three boys. I received Jesus while in college and got involved in a campus missions organization. After my wife and I married, we were in full time campus ministry for six years. In 2006, I began pursuing more training in biblical counseling. I received my ACBC (previously NANC) certification in March of 2012. I am currently serving as the Pastoral Assistant of Biblical Counseling and Family Ministry for my church part time.
- www.artisticwhim.blogspot.com (personal blog)
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
Added July 2015