The BCC Biblical Counseling Job Board
The Biblical Counseling Coalition hosts this biblical counseling job board to help church and para-church organizations and people seeking biblical counseling positions who fully subscribe to our Doctrinal Statement, Confessional Statement, and Mission Statement to connect with one another in filling biblical counseling ministry positions. We do not offer placement services. Nor can we fully vet the groups that participate or the positions they list, or the individuals who are seeking a position. We simply hope to serve the biblical counseling community by providing a forum for posting ministry positions in the field of biblical counseling.
Openings in Biblical Counseling
If you have biblical counseling openings in your ministry/organization and would like your opening posted here, please email email@example.com with: a.) Position Title, b.) Organization Name, c.) Organization Location, d.) Job Description, e.) How to Apply for the Opening, f.) Link.
Female Biblical Trauma Counselor
Full time position
Target Counseling Audience: Women rescued from sex trafficking
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact Dr. Howard Eyrich for referral to this ministry. Candidates will be contacted by the ministry.
Send Resume to:
Dr. Howard Eyrich
Briarwood Counseling Ministry
2200 Briarwood Way
Birmingham, AL 35243
Added Mar. 2015
Cornerstone Community Church
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Location: 1400 Lander Road, Mayfield Heights, Ohio 44124
- Must possess saving faith in Jesus Christ as witnessed through public confession and believer’s baptism and possess a deep and growing relationship with Christ.
- Must meet the elder-pastor qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Whole-heartedly believe in, live, and teach the inspiration, inerrancy, and sufficiency of Scripture.
- At least five years’ experience as a senior pastor or associate pastor.
- Demonstrated high level of competence and effectiveness in faithful, biblical, gospel-centered preaching.
- Seminary degree preferred.
- Must be in agreement with the Cornerstone Community Church Statement of Faith, Mission, Core Values, Constitution, and Bylaws.
- Must be in full agreement with Cornerstone’s position on biblical counseling (see www.cornerstonemayfield.org/ministries/biblical-counseling). We prefer that the candidate be either certified through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC – formerly NANC) or be willing to pursue certification.
- Ordination preferred. Must be willing to either transfer ordination to, or pursue ordination through, the EFCA.
- Must have demonstrated ability and effectiveness in leadership skills, interpersonal communication skills, pastoral care, and biblical counseling.
Teaching and preaching
- Faithfully preach and teach the Scriptures, mainly through the Sunday morning pulpit ministry as well as through occasional workshops, seminars, etc. Gospel-centered expository preaching should be the predominant approach used.
- Regularly lead the congregation in the Lord’s Supper and water baptisms.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship that includes prayer, Bible study, personal evangelism, and financial giving as a part of the regular church offering. Exhibit a healthy and biblical love and care for his family and a faithful Christian lifestyle.
- Faithfully pray for the church, its members, and its ministries.
- Maintain a continuing education plan for theological and doctrinal sharpening, personal skill building, and spiritual devotion.
Leadership and vision
- Be actively and humbly engaged in meetings of the Cornerstone elder board. He is first among equals on the elder board.
- Work with the elders to establish and shape the short- and long-term vision of the church.
- Clearly, energetically, and regularly cast the vision and direction of the church in public meetings.
- Work with the elders and staff to ensure that all efforts are in line with the vision of the church.
- Work closely with the pastoral staff and the elder board to identify ministry priorities which will move the church closer to our mission and vision.
- Plan and provide leadership for the Sunday morning worship – priorities, direction, and philosophy.
- Oversee the part-time Worship Arts Director and encourage a biblically sound, God-exalting, Christ-focused worship ministry.
- Oversee and mentor the church staff. Lead regular staff meetings.
- Be actively involved in the life of the church.
- Be an example to the flock in compassionate, nurturing care for the flock (1 Thess. 2:7-8, 11-12).
- Share in visitation of, and ministry to, members who are ailing, hospitalized or grieving along with the elders and others.
- Share in providing biblical counseling along with other church certified counselors.
- Lead the continuing spiritual development of the elders and mentor emerging leaders.
- Share in officiating weddings and funerals of church members.
- Participate in the EFCA Allegheny District events and initiatives where possible.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please go to Cornerstone’s website to see instructions at http://www.cornerstonemayfield.org/events/openings.
Added Feb. 2015
Nashville Rescue Mission Ministries, LLC
Position Title: Counselor
Organization Location: Women’s Campus, 1716 Rosa Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203
Job Description: The program counselor is an advocate for an assigned caseload of participants who, through biblical ministry, encourages participants to live for Christ in obedience to His Word and helps them grow in their love for God and love for people (Matthew 22: 37-40). We are currently seeking a counselor for the Women’s Life Recovery Program.
- Provides oversight and care to assigned caseload of program participants:
- Assumes responsibility for and assist each assigned participant to complete all program requirements.
- Meets with assigned participants three times per week for one hour group counsel.
- Meets with each assigned participant individually for one on one counseling per program progression.
- Establishes/creates an Individualized Develop Plan (IDP) for each assigned participant.
- Develops, maintains and secures counseling documentation on each participant both in Client Track and offline files.
- Teaches in core curriculum, devotionals and program chapels.
- Participates in scheduled daytrip activity(s).
- Oversees development and participates in program community project at least once per year.
- Actively works with program team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in special events, activities, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by Program Director and/or Assistant Director.
- Regularly performs room inspections on assigned rooms.
- In the event of lower program numbers, participates in work therapy chores.
- Provides occasional oversight of another counselor’s caseload in the event of illness, personal leave, or vacation.
- Runs occasional outside errands as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
Special Skills/Education/Training Requirements:
- Preferred Masters in Theology, Social Services or Psychology; or a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in a Biblical recovery program setting.
- Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, students, volunteers and local community.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by the Mission’s insurance company to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Requires an above average amount of walking, standing and stair climbing.
- Daily includes reading, research, typing/computer usage, public speaking.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Regularly transport students in 15 passenger van.
- Mixed work environment between indoor and outdoor. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at times.
- 45+ hour work week.
- Because the Ministry is 24/7, this position requires some weekends, evenings and holidays.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Seeking Biblical Counseling Positions
If you are looking for a biblical counseling position and would like your contact information and position search listed here, please email email@example.com with: a.) The Title of the Position You Are Seeking, b.) Your Name, c.) Your Contact Information, d.) A 50-to-75 Word Bio, e.) A Link to Additional Information.
Position Seeking: Full time Biblical Counseling or Pastoral Care Position.
5769 Tosca Rd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Bio: My name is Scott Pilgreen. I am married to a wonderful woman and have three boys. I received Jesus while in college and got involved in a campus missions organization. After my wife and I married, we were in full time campus ministry for six years. In 2006, I began pursuing more training in biblical counseling. I received my ACBC (previously NANC) certification in March of 2012. I am currently serving as the Pastoral Assistant of Biblical Counseling and Family Ministry for my church part time.
- www.artisticwhim.blogspot.com (personal blog)
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
Added Feb. 2015