The Biblical Counseling Coalition hosts this biblical counseling job board to help church and para-church organizations and people seeking biblical counseling positions who fully subscribe to our Doctrinal Statement, Confessional Statement, and Mission Statement to connect with one another in filling biblical counseling ministry positions. We do not offer placement services. Nor can we fully vet the groups that participate or the positions they list, or the individuals who are seeking a position. We simply hope to serve the biblical counseling community by providing a forum for posting ministry positions in the field of biblical counseling.
Openings in Biblical Counseling
If you have biblical counseling openings in your ministry/organization and would like your opening posted here, please email [email protected] with: a.) Position Title, b.) Organization Name, c.) Organization Location, d.) Job Description, e.) How to Apply for the Opening, f.) Link.
Boston Center for Biblical Counseling
Position Title: Staff Counselor
Location: Boston, MA
Position Description: We are looking for a full-time staff counselor who is passionate about glorifying God by providing gospel-centered soul care for individuals, couples, and families.
- To consistently engage in counseling of individuals, couples, and families
- To eventually develop staff and additional gospel-centered counseling resources
- To work together with the Director to see the “big picture” of caring for our counselees and partners at the center
- To work together with the Director to facilitate general programming, helping where ever a need presents itself.
- To equip qualified church partners so that they will be able to care for people in their own community.
- To develop and maintain a relationship with key partners, especially pastors and elders, who regularly refer hurting people to the Center. This often includes updating the partner on the progress during and after the counseling.
- Faithful membership at a local evangelical, gospel-centered church
- 20-30 hours of billable counseling hours per week as well as some admin hours/marketing hours
- 2 years of experience in biblical counseling or equivalent (5 or more preferred)
- Masters degree in biblical counseling or its equivalent (MDiv or higher preferred)
- All three CCEF certificates (Foundations, Topics, and Counseling Skills) or equivalent
- Meets the spiritual and character qualifications of a deacon, deaconess or an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9 and to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23.
- Displays consistent wisdom, maturity, discernment, sensitivity, with both people and Scripture.
- Licensure in the a mental health field is a plus
- Competitive Compensation
- Contact Fletcher Lang (Executive Director) with a cover letter and resume at [email protected]
Updated November 2017
His Mansion Ministries
Position Title: Women’s Biblical/Pastoral Counselor
Location: Deering, New Hampshire
Position Description: Do you have a heart to serve the hurting and broken? Do you desire to disciple men and women in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
His Mansion Ministries, a Christ-centered residential program, was formed 40 years ago to serve men and women bound by addiction and other life-controlling issues. Or mission is to inspire Christ-like change through authentic relationships in a community context, with Biblical truth and love.
The Women’s Biblical/Pastoral Counselor meets with and processes through issues like trauma, addiction, and relationship with individual Residents.
- Christ-likeness, strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values, and convictions
- Relationally focused and service driven
- 1-2 years’ experience in a clinical/ministry setting
- Bachelors or Masters level training in either counseling, psychology, social work, or ministry
- Excited about a team approach to Christ-centered care
- If married, her spouse should be spiritually mature and willing to participate in the community
- Meet with Residents individually and provide support, feedback, and guidance in their healing processes
- Teach Resident classes as assigned (i.e. phase class and other curriculum)
- Facilitate Resident group counseling exercises
- Collaborate with other Counseling and Program staff regarding Resident care
The Women’s Counselor will be able to use her skills in counseling and teaching to care for our Residents.
Employees live on our 316 acre farm in southern New Hampshire. A $6,000 annual stipend, housing, utilities and other fringe benefits are provided by His Mansion. Employees are encouraged to raise additional support if needed.
Visit http://hismansion.com/serve/staff/ for a full position description.
How to Apply: Email resumes to Mr. Courtney Jones ([email protected]).
Updated November 2017
Immanuel Bible Church
Position Title: Pastor of Care and Counseling
Location: Springfield, VA
Position Description: The Pastor of Care and Counseling will lead and oversee a large diverse and expanding counseling and care ministry in support of those of who attend Immanuel Bible Church. Working with the Director of Care and Counseling and other pastoral staff, he will be entrusted to assist with the emotional and spiritual well-being of our congregation. The Pastor of Care and Counseling will serve as a pastor, an elder, a counselor, and a teacher, simultaneously leading by example, caring for the flock, and equipping them for ministry. He is an Elder and a member of the Pastoral Staff. He will actively participate with other pastors to guide Immanuel in seeking Him constantly, serving Him faithfully and sharing Him boldly. The Pastor of Care and Counseling is accountable to the Pastor of Ministries and to the General Council of Elders.
Specific Duties Relating to the Care and Counseling Ministry
- Lead the Lay Counseling ministry in expanding its capabilities to meet the evolving needs of the IBC congregation and to be a resource to the Northern Virginia community. This will include the ongoing development and implementation of the IBC Lay Counseling training course; the training of lay counselors; oversight of both one-on-one lay counseling and support group activities; and providing supervision to the Lay Counseling Ministry supervisors.
- Conduct training and oversight of IBC’s premarital mentoring program.
- Expand our ability to council families and marriages within our congregation, to include new or enhanced education, support and recovery.
Specific Duties Relating to Pastoral Leadership
- Provide pastoral leadership to all counseling ministry staff and volunteers.
- Be responsible for:
- Teaching and ministry training;
- Participating in personal evangelism;
- Counseling of individuals, couples, and families;
- Leading Bible study groups as well as devotions and worship where appropriate;
- Shepherding of lay counselors and other counseling ministry volunteers;
- Administrating and leading the ministry as it applies to organization, scheduling, policy implementation, and communication;
- Providing spiritual counseling and care for members and regular attendees of the church; and
- Serving as a resource in his area of expertise for other ministries within the church and to the community.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Conduct the duties of a minister of the gospel: preach, teach, officiate weddings and funerals, administering of the ordinances of the church (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper), and shepherding the flock of God.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries and the General Council of Elders.
Qualifications/Education: Degree in Biblical Counseling or equivalent and theology coursework sufficient to equip the candidate for the pastoral role. Our counseling philosophy and tone reflects CCEF, so we prefer to hire someone in that same counseling approach.
Experience: Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of experience in above stated responsibilities and duties, including development and administration of ministries. Documented experience and success in each of the following strongly preferred:
- Pastor and Elder – Meet the elder qualifications given in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Proven ability to administer a large and diverse ministry within the context of the Christian community, while co-laboring with other pastors and leaders to pursue common goals and strategic visions.
- Evidence of successful work that encompasses both personal counseling expertise, and the ability to establish and facilitate a range of support groups.
- Speaker and Communicator – Proven expertise as lecturer, teacher and/or preacher, combined with the ability to establish solid relationships with others.
Key Skills: The Pastor of Care and Counseling must have a personal devotion to Christ, as well as a genuine heart and compassion for others; demonstrate leadership capabilities; the ability to counsel, supervise, motivate and encourage others; strong oral and written communication skills; dependability, self-motivation, and individual productivity; ability to establish and help achieve strategic goals; effectiveness in decision making and conflict resolution within a ministry team environment; and spiritual gifts that include pastor/teacher, encouragement, administration, discernment, and wisdom
How to Apply: For more information or to submit a resume, please email Steve Holley, Pastor of Ministries, at [email protected] or call 703-941-4124
Updated November 2017
Position Title: Staff Counselor
Location: Uniontown, OH
Position Description: Fieldstone Counseling (FC) is seeking a FT staff counselor to see a full-time load of counselees. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a newly-formed non-profit organization. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and providing biblically based, Christ centered, and clinically informed counseling is essential to this position. The ideal candidate for this position will be in agreement with the Biblical Counseling Coalition’s Doctrinal Statement and Confessional Statement.
Employment Details & Duties:
- 24 hours of counseling per week
- Development of topical training series and seminars on counseling-related topics
- Various administrative duties to help support the Executive Director
- Developing and maintaining local church and community partnerships
- Various writing and editing needs for website, promotional materials and Fieldstone publications
- Attending monthly team meeting
- Committed follower of Christ
- Minimum of an MA in Counseling from an accredited seminary
- 3-5 years of counseling in a lay/church or professional context*
- CCEF certification helpful*
- Member of a local church
- Strong, inter-personal skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative
- Above average organizational skills
- Flexible attitude
- Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms)
*Not necessary, but helpful
Reasons for termination:
- Issues arising from 3-month or 6-month review
- Issues of Christian character (ongoing, unrepentant sin or lack of the fruit described in Galatians 5:22-24)
- 4-week notice of leave is requested
How to Apply: Any Questions or interested parties should submit a resume to [email protected].
Updated October 2017
Home of Grace, Men’s Campus
Position Title: Men’s Counselor
Location: 14200 Jericho Rd. Vancleave, MS 39565
Position Description: Position consists of full-time counseling with weekly individual sessions & group sessions and teaching classes and workshops (both addiction-specific & theological in nature). Our preference is, but not limited to, a biblical counselor, team player, trained in addiction counseling and gifted in areas of communication, teaching, and discernment. Our need is for a counselor who is theologically trained and has a ministry mindset, who is passionate about accurately applying gospel truths to men who suffer with addiction. Good documentation skills, comfortable using technology, and familiarity with HIPAA laws preferred.
How to Apply: Apply here.
Updated August 2017
Harvest Bible Chapel
Position Title: Women’s Counselor
Location: Elgin, IL
Position Description: The women’s staff counselor will partner with the Biblical Soul Care Staff and the Elgin Adult Ministry Team to execute the vision of the discipleship and careministry at Harvest. Some specific responsibilities will include conducting formal counseling cases 10-12 hours a week, overseeing the equipping and coaching of female non-vocational counselors for the West campuses. Equipping and deploying female BSC coaches who oversee counselors, attending staff and leadership meetings. This position requires being as a member of Harvest Bible Chapel. An M.A.B.C. or its equivalent is preferred.
How to Apply: An interested candidate should inquire with resume to Harvest Human Resources or for more information call 847-398-7005.
Visit our website at: www.harvestbiblechapel.
Updated July 2017
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Position Title: Pastoral Counseling Internship
Location: Roseville, MI
Position Description: The goal of the Pastoral Counseling Internship is to give a young man going into ministry some first-hand exposure to counseling within the local church, and guidance on the ins-and-outs of a counseling ministry. This internship will aid men in their development as counselors, instructors, administrators, and pastors. Interns will engage with various ideas and theories about counseling – learning to be discerning in their own practice; they will observe counselors in action; practice developing their own skill in actual counseling; and develop skills in leading a team of counselors. Fuller job description available to interested applicants.
How to Apply: All interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, along with three references to Dave Dunham, email: [email protected]
Visit our website at: www.cbcroseville.org
Updated June 2017
Redeemer’s Boarding School (a ministry of The Father’s Ranch Ministries)
Position Title: Resident Advisor
Location: Tonasket, WA
Position Description: Redeemer’s Boarding School (a ministry of The Father’s Ranch Ministries) is committed to helping girls (grades K-12) who are a part of our loving, disciplined, and Christian environment. We are committed to the Word of God as being totally sufficient to bring about spiritual growth and change in each and every girl who will bend her knee to the authority of Jesus Christ and His Word.
Resident Advisor’s (RA’s) are women who make a 3, 6, or 12 month commitment to serve young ladies in our boarding school setting. They live full time at RBS, building relationships while participating in daily activities such as class, chores, Bible study, and recreation. They serve, not by their own strength or character, but by the power of Jesus Christ working through them.
The opportunities for an RA here at RBS are numerous but primarily include being a godly role model. RA’s may serve as tutors, office personnel, disciplers, agricultural support, horticultural support, or simply teaching girls basic cooking skills. RA’s may also be earning their degree while enrolled in Online College and serving at RBS.
Qualifications: The following characteristics are desirous for service as an RA:
- A commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ as demonstrated through a consistent Christian walk.
- A personal foundation in Biblical truth.
- Regular attendance and fellowship in a Biblical church.
- A willingness to serve young ladies and the Lord in a self-less capacity.
- The ability to initiate and build relationships.
- The ability to encourage and help students in truth and love.
- A personal application of God’s Word in your daily life.
To learn more about RBS please view our webpage at www.redeemersboardingschool.org.
How to Apply: Please write us a letter, send us an e-mail, or give us a phone call to talk about this unique opportunity to serve.
Applications will be sent out to qualified female applicants. There are usually multiple positions available for our short-term (3 to 12 month) RA opportunity. Therefore, we welcome communication from interested candidates on an ongoing basis at any time of the year.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to see y’all here at the Ranch!
Updated May 2017
CCEF New England
Position Title: Counselor and Administrative Assistant
Location: White River Junction, Vermont
Position Description: CCEF New England has a part time position open for a female biblical counselor and administrative assistant. The primary duty of the job will be counseling, with other duties including intake and office management. This position includes benefits and will start at 22 hours per week with the potential to expand to full time. Qualified applicants are encouraged to complement this role by applying to be a Recitation Instructor through CCEF’s School of Biblical Counseling.
Qualifications: Applicant must be able to:
- Counseling experience: 2 years full time counseling or equivalent
- Theological training: MA in theology or biblical studies or equivalent
- Counseling training: All three certificates (Foundations, Topics and Counseling skills) through the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation (CCEF) or equivalent
- Administrative experience
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to CCEF New England at [email protected]
Updated February 2017
Position Title: Assistant Director
Location: Yorkshire, New York
Position Description: We are looking for a couple to direct our after school teen center (Refuge) and our crisis pregnancy housing (Hope House) and the pregnancy center ministry aspect of C.H.O.I.C.E.S. There would also be an opportunity to be involved in biblical counseling. More details regarding the ministries at C.H.O.I.C.E.S. can be viewed on our website at www.choicesinfo.com. All ministries at C.H.O.I.C.E.S. are intended to reach out to our community with gospel love and to build a bridge to the local church.
Qualifications: Applicant must be able to:
- Work well with youth, building relationships and planning activities and outreaches.
- Develop and oversee the pregnancy center ministry.
- Promote and advertise through email, social media and other promotional means.
- Trained in biblical counseling.
How to Apply: For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Steve or Melanie Hammond at [email protected] or call 716-353-3686.
Updated February 2017
Position Title: Women’s Internship
Location: Lafayette, IN
If you have a heart for women who are struggling with life-dominating sins and who are looking for answers from God’s word, then an internship at Vision of Hope might be just what’s best to help you gain the skills you’ll need to get an awesome job in this ministry area in the future! Interning at Vision of Hope will give you an edge in this career field and will give you valuable experience (and possibly even college credit).
Free housing and meals are included in year-long intern position, internships are also available to those who wish to live off-site. All internships are unpaid. Only women are eligible for the internship.
We add interns to our staff team in January and July of each year and would love to consider you as a potential addition to our team. For a complete job description and to see frequently asked questions, visit http://www.faithlafayette.org/
To begin the application process, send your cover letter and resume to our intern coordinator, Annie Martin at [email protected]. She will contact you shortly, and is looking forward to hearing from you!
Updated April 2017
People Seeking Biblical Counseling Positions
If you are looking for a biblical counseling position and would like your contact information and position search listed here, please email [email protected] with: a.) The Title of the Position You Are Seeking, b.) Your Name, c.) Your Contact Information, d.) A 50-to-75 Word Bio, e.) A Link to Additional Information.
Added November 2017
Added July 2017
David C. Roupe
Added April 2017
Added February 2017